Family Law, Criminal Defense & Immigration Attorneys
Relocation Award-Winning Legal Representation

Move-Away Lawyer in St. Charles, MO

Relocating with Your Children As a Custodial Parent

Life is full of twists and turns, and it’s not uncommon for a curveball to require you to move away from where you once lived. If life is calling you away, how will that affect your role and duties as a parent after you’ve obtained a divorce? In most cases it depends heavily on the terms of your divorce and where you plan on moving. Because relocation can open up a whole world of potential headaches, it’s important that you have a St. Charles move-away attorney on your side who can stand up for your rights.

When you trust your case to Smith Law Offices, LLC, you can trust that more than 30 years of combined experience is on your side, working to help you find a swift and satisfactory resolution to your issue. We understand how strenuous life can be when you’re dealing with an issue like relocation, and we’re devoted to being a valuable ally on your side.

We understand the law, and we’re not afraid to put it to good use defending your rights and helping you move on with your life in a swift and satisfactory manner. Your goals and priorities are always at the center of our strategies, and we’re firm believers that listening to our clients and ultimately making them in charge of their case is the best way to achieve excellence, as exemplified by our many prestigious honors, including the Client Distinction Award from Martindale-Hubbell®.

Call Smith Law Offices, LLC today at (636) 400-1177 to request a case evaluation and further discuss your legal options in regards to your relocation.

The Missouri Relocation Process

Generally, the process for relocating when you’re part of a co-parenting agreement involves notifying the other parent of your intentions, giving them a chance to respond or object, and then clearing the move with the courts. This process could take some time, so if you find out you do need to move in a limited amount of time, you must not delay.

The relocation process is as follows:

  • Serve notice to your spouse (at least 60 days prior, including the reason for the move and terms for a new visitation schedule)
  • Give your spouse at least 30 days to respond
  • Attend a hearing to work out the differences (if necessary)

When you need to relocate, the courts will always need to keep your constitutional rights in balance along with the best interests of the children involved. If the move would provide additional benefits to children, then the move will be more likely to be approved. If it wouldn’t, then there’s a chance your request to relocate could be denied.

Get help with your case by putting an attorney on your side. Speak with a member of our team by contacting Smith Law Offices, LLC!

  • Expertise
  • Super Lawyers 5 Years
  • Super Lawyers 2019
  • 2016
  • Super Lawyers Nevada
  • Avvo 10.0
  • Avvo 8.7
  • Client Distinction
  • Super Lawyers
  • Lead Council

Trusted Recommendations

  • “I would highly recommend this law firm. Corey Jenkins is a very professional and knowledgeable attorney, and always pleasant and helpful. He and his team provided excellent services and kept me ...”

    - Melissa
  • “Monica is great!”

    - Bengor T.
  • “I highly recommend Smith Law Office, they are very professional and they make you feel comfortable throughout your process.”

    - Jose R.
  • “Monica N. Smith did awesome with our case, she was very professional and understanding about our situation and gave detailed information about everything. The case went perfect and fast and we ...”

    - Karla K.
  • “I highly recommend Smith Law Offices. When meeting with Nevada I found him to be detail orientated and thorough. He took the time to explain the legal process of my case and made sure I understood ...”

    - Ryan K.

Why Hire Smith Law Offices, LLC

  • Well Respected by Colleagues
  • Family-Run & Locally Owned Law Firm
  • Award-Winning Legal Representation
  • We Speak Spanish, French & Russian
  • Providing One-On-One Attention
  • More Than 30 Years of Combined Legal Experience