You Do Not Have to Wait Until Your Divorce is Final.
Divorce is often a complex and stressful ordeal, especially if it is hotly contested. While there may be a lot of financial uncertainty and could leave you in limbo until the conclusion of the divorce, it is possible to obtain temporary relief to help you address those concerns right away.
At Smith Law Offices, LLC, we understand what it takes to get the temporary relief you need. With more than three decades of collective experience, our St. Charles lawyers have a comprehensive understanding of the Missouri divorce laws to help you navigate through the intricacies of the legal system.
Types of Temporary Relief Available
There are a variety of temporary relief available for those interested in divorce. Our legal team can help you request any of the reliefs listed below early on in the court process.
The following are types of temporary relief:
- Temporary alimony – Provides financial support for your spouse while divorce is pending
- Temporary child support – Provides financial support for children under 18 years of age
- Temporary child custody – Establishes temporary guidelines for custody of children while divorce is pending
- Temporary attorney fees and litigation expenses – Covers costs of the divorce process until it is finalized
- Temporary denial of passport or temporary orders based on removal of children – Prevents spouse from removing children from your location in an attempt to hide or prevent contact with you
- Freezing assets – Prevents your spouse from spending or hiding any marital assets
- Domestic violence injunctions – Protects you and your children from an abusive spouse
Call (636) 400-1177 for Help Today!
Our St. Charles attorneys can review your case and determine all of your legal options. Do not hesitate to recovery temporary relief immediately.
Contact us and request a consultation today.
Well Respected by Colleagues
Family-Run & Locally Owned Law Firm
Award-Winning Legal Representation
We Speak Spanish, French & Russian
Providing One-On-One Attention
More Than 30 Years of Combined Legal Experience