Find Counsel with our St. Charles Immigration Attorney
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was set into motion in 2012 to allow undocumented children who entered the United States protection from deportation. This “deferred action” allows individuals who have been in the United States since June 15, 2007 and who entered prior to the age of 16 to stay in the U.S. temporarily. This can be granted to those currently in removal proceedings or who face deportation. If granted, then that individual can be granted work authorization for a period of two years.
Do you require assistance with your DACA case? Do not hesitate to speak with our St. Charles immigration lawyer at Smith Law Offices, LLC. We offer customized legal solutions to help you navigate through any complex immigration matter.
Who Qualifies Under Deferred Action?
DACA is a form of temporary relief for children who have been living in the United States continuously for several years.
Do you qualify for DACA? Below are the requirements:
- You were under 16 years of age when you arrived in the U.S.
- You were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012.
- You entered the U.S. before or on June 15, 2007 and have been continuously residing here since that time.
- You were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012.
- You are a current student, either a high school graduate or have a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the military.
- You have not been convicted of a serious misdemeanor, have three misdemeanors, or a felony.
If you have any questions about immigration and your eligibility under DACA, please contact our St. Charles immigration attorney. You can find some comfort knowing that we always work in your best interests. We treat every client with care and respect to and build effective legal solutions.
Request an appointment with our award-winning legal team at Smith Law Offices, LLC.
Well Respected by Colleagues
Family-Run & Locally Owned Law Firm
Award-Winning Legal Representation
We Speak Spanish, French & Russian
Providing One-On-One Attention
More Than 30 Years of Combined Legal Experience